The Magical Games at Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magical Games at Hogwarts

The year is 2030 and it's finally time for Hogwarts to host the Triwizard Tournament once more. Who will win?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hard at work (open to anyone)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabelle Brooke

Isabelle Brooke

Hard at work (open to anyone) Empty
PostSubject: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Isabelle sighed as she entered her office at the Ministry and looked at the pile of paperwork that had appeared on her desk overnight. Somehow there always seemed to be something else she had to do, no matter how much she got through the day before. If there was one thing she hated, it was paperwork. She had known there would be some, but the lack of action she had seen over the summer made it all the worse. Having been selected to be an Auror at the Triwizard Tournament, she had only been asked to go out on raids when it was absolutely necessary that a senior Auror was present. So, for the last few months, all she had really been doing was paperwork. And lots of it. She had to look over all the safety measures being made for the event, for both participants and audience, and give them her signature saying she approved, and look over the many other official documents that should really have had nothing to do with an Auror, but being on the team for the tournament meant she had to work closely with those in the Department of Magical Games and Sports, and those in the Department of International Magical Cooperation, therefore had to see all documents that passed through them; she didn't really see why she had to do this, but her boss had insisted.

Of course, there were meetings too. She wasn't sure why she enjoyed these so much; perhaps it was the few hours away from the paperwork, or perhaps it was just the talk of the tournament which, despite the enormous amount of work it brought, she was looking forward to. For the moment, however, the was no scheduled meeting, and so she reluctantly took her seat at her desk and picked up her quill, taking the top sheet from the pile of paperwork and beginning to read.
Back to top Go down
Elliot Stabler
Deputy Headmaster of Hogwarts
Head of Ravenclaw
DADA Professor
Elliot Stabler

Location : All of Time and Space, all that ever was or ever will

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Stabler sighed, walking through the Auror Offices carrying a case file he needed help with. While a teacher at Hogwarts, he was still part of the MSVU, though only in circumstances in which no one else could solve the case. And he had to admit, he was having some trouble on this one. Which is why he was heading to one of the only Auror's who didn't throw their superiority around like a kid with a sword. Hell, he had practically taught her about criminal investigation when her superiors insisted she partner up with him on a joint case between the MSVU and the Aurors.

Despite her Auror training (which was mostly based on dealing with Dark Wizards and other such related cases) and her apparent investigative talents, she was surprisingly naive about how to handle an MSVU crime scene, due to their heavy use of Muggle methods. He still remembered how he almost tackled her away from a piece of evidence she was about to contaminate.

He squeezed past a pair of large, rounded twins as he made his way to Isabelle's open door. He knocked, grinning. "Yo Kid, are you too busy to walk with me to the deli down the street? I need help on a case." He knew the answer already. She hated paperwork almost as much as him, perhaps even more-so.
Back to top Go down
http://thefinalfrontiers.proboards.com
Isabelle Brooke

Isabelle Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:45 pm

"Yo Kid, are you too busy to walk with me to the deli down the street? I need help on a case."
Isabelle looked up from her paperwork, and grinned as she saw Stabler standing in her doorway. "Do you even need to ask?" She laughed, putting down her quill and standing up as she did so. She knew she shouldn't really leave considering the amount of paperwork she still had to do, but the opportunity of some time away from the office was too tempting. The work would still be there when she returned. Unfortunately.

She left her office, locking the door behind her as she did so, and turned to Stabler. "I can't be too long. I've still got a lot of work that needs to be done." She spoke just a little louder than necessary, raising her eyebrows to let Stabler know she was speaking for the benefit of her nosy colleagues. She really didn't care how long she was, the longer, the better as far as she was concerned, but she knew many of her co-workers would find something to say about her leaving so soon after she arrived. Well, let them talk, she thought, at least they hadn't been stuck behind a desk and a mountain of paper for the past few months. Holding back a laugh from her short display of acting, she walked towards the lifts, eager to be outside. As she walked, she turned to Stabler. "So what's this case?" she asked, no longer to ignore her curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Runrose

Kevin Runrose

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

"Oh crap, crap crap!!!" Kevin thought as he sprung of the elevevator and staretd to run down the hallway.

"Why did i needed to be late today... Why why why!" he tought to himself as he moved through the corridor towards the Auror office. Today was the day for his last exams as a so called "desk trainee", If he passes it he would be allowed to follow and assist a licensed auror in his or hers cases. He ran as fast has he could with his coat wavering behind him.

He swung the door opend and ran into the Aurors office like a snicth fleeing from a seeker. When he came to the middle he stopped and looked around. Something was wrong. It was not as loud and didn't have pm's and papers flying through the place. It was quiet. quiet like the grave. "Where is every one?" He asked himself as he looked around.

"Where is everyone?" he thought and started to walk around the office.

Back to top Go down
http://rkbang.wordpress.com
Isabelle Brooke

Isabelle Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Isabelle frowned as she saw someone hurrying past quickly the other side of the office and turned to Stabler. "Just a moment, I need to check something out." She smiled a little apologetically and then walked towards the person, recognizing him as Kevin Runrose, the trainee, as she drew closer. He looked flustered, like he was late for something.

"You ok, Runrose?" she asked, tilting her head to one side as she spoke. As one of few senior Aurors, who were just a rank below the Head Auror, she felt it her responsibility to make sure the trainee was ok, even if she had only seen him a few times since he started because of the amount of paperwork she had needed to do.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Runrose

Kevin Runrose

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Kevin looked around and saw a slender atractive woman with long straigh hair walking towards him. Isabelle Brooke, one of the Aurors, the rumor among the trainees that she was as deadly as beautiful.

"uhm... yeah... umm... no... i mean yes! I think..." He answerd and tried to find his breath. "I'm late for my field exam. It's today but i have no idea of where it is suposed to be..." He gazed at his watch. He saw that he was even more late than he thaught. He felt the panic rising. "Aww by Merlins beard!!" he shouted and some of the doors to the offices opened and some confused faces looked out throuh their door ways.

Kevin looked up and noticed them. "Oh i'm so sorry. Back to work. Nothing to see here. Just a trainee running a bit late." He said and directed his concentration back at Isabelle. "It's my last exam before i get to follow one of you out on the field and assist on you cases. Do you have any idea of where they will be? I have looked every where!

He kneled down to tie his shoe that had gone up after allt the running through the minestry.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle Brooke

Isabelle Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm

She merely raised an eyebrow at his flustered speech, but it was not unkind. As he finally got out the reason, she smiled sympathetically. "I'm really sorry, I didn't even know your field exam was today, I've been doing paperwork non-stop... sort of." She laughed at her own admission. She looked around, raking a hand through her long dark brown hair, and then looked back at Runrose, biting her lip as she thought. She really wanted to hear what Stabler had to say, but she knew what it felt like to be in the shoes of the young trainee, having been in the same situation only 6 years ago.

She sighed. "Look, I'll see what I can find in the office, ok?" She shrugged. "There may be some notes in there about your exam."
Back to top Go down
Kevin Runrose

Kevin Runrose

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Kevin felt how the panic started to calm down.

"Thank you, miss. Brooke! Thank you so much" Kevin said. He as kind of confused because none of the other Aurors was ever this nice to any of the Trainees. "Do you want me to come with you or shall i stay here? I could give you a hand with the that paper work if you need it? Kevin said. He tried to hide his confusion and exitment of getting help from Isabelle but failed. All he came up with was a weak smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard at work (open to anyone)   Hard at work (open to anyone) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard at work (open to anyone)
Page 1 of 1