The Magical Games at Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magical Games at Hogwarts

The year is 2030 and it's finally time for Hogwarts to host the Triwizard Tournament once more. Who will win?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesse Pinkman

Jesse Pinkman

A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:34 am

Jesse puffed on a cigarette as he set up a few cans of meat and vegetables on a few fallen logs, first at fifty meters, then one hundred meters, then at two hundred, three hundred, four hundred, and five hundred meters each. Back in Albuquerque, when he was working with Walt under Gustavo Fring, his mentor Mike had taught him how to fight. An ex-cop and an ex-Army Ranger, Mike taught Jesse how to fire guns properly, how to fight hand to hand, and how to fight with a knife. He never carried one, but it was something to know.

Jesse walked back to the fallen log where he had set up several weapons, mainly a couple of automatic rifles, an old fashioned bolt action rifle, one semi-automatic rifle, and one of the heaviest and most powerful rifles he's ever handled, the Barret M107 anti-materiel rifle. He had even prepped up a few pistols he had both from his Cooking days and his days as a police officer. He puffed on his cigarette again as he blew out a cloud of smoke, grabbing his preferred weapon, a Glock 17 nine by nineteen millimeter pistol.

He loaded the magazine, and pulled the slide back, that satisfying 'cha-chink' ringing in his ears as he heard the round chamber. He loosened up and aimed down his sights, quickly firing the trigger twice, taking out two cans. He heard a twig snap behind him, and twirled around, aiming at none other than his boss, Freya Littlefield.

He sighed, putting his gun down on the stump next to him. "Dammit," He said, taking his cigarette out of his mouth as he blew out smoke. He looked at Freya. "Don't do that again, otherwise I might not be as disciplined." He took another drag of his cigarette before a question came to mind.

"So, uh, what are ya doing out here, Freya? Casual stroll? Getting some fresh air in the Forbidden Forest?" He motioned to the pistols next to him. "Wanting some lessons?"
Back to top Go down
Freya Littlefield
Admin
Headmistress of Hogwarts
Charms Professor
Freya Littlefield

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 am

Freya was bored after being in the Castle for a few days straight now. She was starting to go stir crazy! As she stood up, she stretched. It certainly was time to get out of there. Grabbing her favourite jacket off the back of her chair, she put it on and looked out the window in the tower. She remembered seeing Jesse walk into there a little while ago. Maybe she would pay him a visit.

It seemed take forever to find Pinkman. Just how deep did he go in? Though, once she heard shooting, she knew it wouldn't be hard to find him now. It was nice, she thought, fresh air. It was still a few weeks until the term started, but there was so much paperwork to do. If her being Headmistress wasn't in her grandfather's will, she would have never taken this post. Sure, it had its benefits, but she wasn't really fit for the job, was she? All Freya knew was that she tried her best.

Eventually, the Headmistress found him. She wasn't trying to scare him and cursed herself when she stepped on a twig. Within the next second, Jesse had turned around and pointed his gun at her. Jesse sighed and put his gun down. "Dammit. Don't do that again, otherwise I might not be as disciplined. So, uh, what are ya doing out here, Freya? Casual stroll? Getting some fresh air in the Forbidden Forest? Wanting some lessons?"

Freya walked over to Jesse and took the cigarette out of his mouth before placing it in hers, taking a drag. Merlin, she needed this. She hadn't smoked a cigarette in a year and a half. Blowing out the smoke, she took one more long drag before placing it back on Jesse's lips, winking with a smirk on her lips. Once he took it in his mouth, she walked over and sat on an empty stump and looked around at all the weapons Jesse had brought with him.

"I figured I'd come say hi. I haven't been out of my office in a couple o' days and I'm going bonkers up there. So uh.. what're you up to?" the blond asked, her eyebrow raised slightly.
Back to top Go down
http://backt0theburrow.tumblr.com
Jesse Pinkman

Jesse Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 pm

"I figured I'd come say hi. I haven't been out of my office in a couple o' days and I'm going bonkers up there. So uh.. what're you up to?" Jesse shrugged, and unloaded his Glock, placing the magazine on the tall stump holding his pistols. He pulled the slide back, ejecting the round into the air before he caught it and loaded it into the magazine.

"I'm getting some practice in. Just because I have a new cushy job doesn't mean I need to get rusty with my aim." Jesse blew some smoke out, and pulled out his pack of cigarettes, offering one to Freya. "Now I've somewhere private to practice, I can keep coming out probably twice every week now." He picked up an ammo box, taking out two fresh rounds and loading them into the magazine. He sighed, putting his cigarette out on the bottom of his shoe. He looked back up to Freya, and raised an eyebrow.

"You know, it never hurts to know how to handle a gun. It's more fun than you think. Hell, it might even prove useful. I know in my old line of work it was almost constant, but here, you never know who'll bring one here." Jesse looked at his collection. "Well, other than me, but that's neither here nor there." Jesse raised an eyebrow at Freya. "You wanna learn? Or are you just going to watch?"

Last edited by Jesse Pinkman on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freya Littlefield
Admin
Headmistress of Hogwarts
Charms Professor
Freya Littlefield

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 am

"You wanna learn?, or are you just going to watch?"

Freya looked at the cigarette he offered her and lit it using her wand. She took a long drag once more before looking at the guns that he had lined up. Did she really want to learn to use them? She was in the wizarding world, not the Muggle world. In the history of murders in the wizarding world, no one had ever used a gun to kill another wizard. That would leave a trace back to them. With a killing curse, the Ministry couldn't trace back to them. And to be honest, Freya didn't really like or understand Muggle things.

"Not entirely. Perhaps I could keep you company? Maybe even annoy you while you try to shoot, make you miss a couple times and then you'll want to get mad at me and then remember I'm your boss," she offered as a joke as she just sat there, smoking with an eyebrow raised at her employee.
Back to top Go down
Jesse Pinkman

Jesse Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:26 am

"Not entirely. Perhaps I could keep you company? Maybe even annoy you while you try to shoot, make you miss a couple times and then you'll want to get mad at me and then remember I'm your boss," Jesse shrugged, letting out a short chuckle. "Fine by me," Jesse loaded his magazine into his Glock, pulling the slide back to chamber another round. Focusing on the fifty yard log, he fired once. Dead on hit. He fired twice more, two more dead on hits. He unloaded the rest of his magazine into the last cans he had set up, his slide locking back. He sighed, unloading his magazine and setting it and the pistol on the stump. Walking over to his bag, he pulled out a pair of ear plugs.

"You'll need these," Jesse said, before he made his way to the large Barrett he had set up. Getting down on the ground, he took the rifle into his hands and looked down the sight, aiming for the cans he laid at five hundred yards. He fired once, feeling his shoulder absorb some of the recoil. It was loud, but he doubted it was as loud for Freya as it was for him. He fired again, seeing the can of meat - and the tree behind it - explode into thousands of splinters, bits and pieces of meat, and metal shavings.

He looked back, grinning. "Hope that wasn't too loud."
Back to top Go down
Freya Littlefield
Admin
Headmistress of Hogwarts
Charms Professor
Freya Littlefield

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:02 pm

"You'll need these." Jesse said to her as he handed the ear plugs for her. What exactly did she need them for? If there was ever a time that Freya wished that silencing charms worked on objects, it was now. That want multiplied by ten after the ear plugs were in her ears and Jesse shot the gun.

"Merlin!" She said as she covered her ear before he shot again.

"Hope that wasn't too loud."

"Too loud? I think I'm going to invent a silencing charm that works on objects now."
Back to top Go down
Jesse Pinkman

Jesse Pinkman

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:05 am

"Too loud? I think I'm going to invent a silencing charm that works on objects now." Jesse laughed as he got up off the ground. "I'd rather not, I don't know how it'll effect them." Walking over to the fallen tree in front of him, he picked up the Kalashnikov in front of him and racked the bolt. Looking back to Freya, he raised an eyebrow, holding up the rifle, it's 4x scope somewhat glinting in the sunlight.

"You wanna try?"
Back to top Go down
Freya Littlefield
Admin
Headmistress of Hogwarts
Charms Professor
Freya Littlefield

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:59 am

"You wanna try?" He held out a rifle to her.

Freya stared at the rifle before blowing out smoke, putting her cigarette flat on the log. This shouldn't be that hard to do. It was just some stupid Muggle contraption. If Muggles could do it, she could too. "So, what, you just hold this thing up, look through that thing and then shoot?" She asked as she held it up, looking through the scope. Of course, Freya thought this thing was a piece of cake. Muggles looked like it took nothing to shoot these things, even Jesse made it look like it was easy as hell. Before Jesse could even say anything, she had fired the rifle. The recoil from the gun knocked her completely and ungracefully off her feet and onto her ass. She didn't even know what to hold, her bruising tail bone that she landed on or her shoulder.

"Merl—Ow—FUCK." She managed to yell out as she tossed the rifle to the side and curled up on her side, clutching her shoulder in pain. Why did that happen? Every time Muggles did anything like this, they never got hurt! Fucking Muggles and their contraptions..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)   A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lesson In Ballistic Science (Freya, Open)
Page 1 of 1