The Magical Games at Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magical Games at Hogwarts

The year is 2030 and it's finally time for Hogwarts to host the Triwizard Tournament once more. Who will win?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) Empty
PostSubject: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Marie sat by the lake, her blue dress billowing in the wind. She stared out into waters, every so often she brushed her wild curls out of her eyes. It wasn’t often she saw her Gryffindor friend due to her houses opposition to the lions, so she delighted in the time she had.

Lying back on the wet grass that tickled the open skin on her back, she closed her eyes. Her mind drifted through daydreams of flowers, potions and spells, a wild imagination that couldn’t be restrained.

Opening the her dark eyes every so often to watch the clouds, she waited.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Garrus slowly walks out towards the Black lake looking around for his Slytherin friend Marie.

Spotting her lying down in the grass he sneaks up on her watching, using the wind as cover, viewing the wind brush against her vivid blue dress as it ripples atop the grass. The only comparison to her blue dress was her Blue eyes which occasionally opened and stared at the sky above.

Garrus approached Marie and stood over waiting patiently for her to open her eyes again to see him standing over her. After that he would be greated with Marie's usual charming smile and the conversations would arise about everything and anything they could think of.
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Opening her eyes to glance back at the cloudy sky, she saw a familiar face looming over her. Letting out a squeak of shock she thrust her arms to the ground to compose herself, She was easily snuck up on because of her constant dazes. Leaning back on her pale hands she smirked, a slytherin smirk.

“Late as always,” She muttered mockingly.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Smiling at his usual greeting garrus inhales slowly smirking as he said "fashionably late actually, and this time I have a reason." Extending his right hand, he lifted Marie up to a sitting position, he opened her hand and placed in it a flower.

"It's from the Weeping Willow. It's shedding its flowers this time of year and as I saw it I thought I'd get you one to mark the begining of a new year and another year of friendship were to shared together"

Taking the flower from her open palm he reached up and attempted to put the flower in her hair ...
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:54 pm

"Fashionably late actually, and this time I have a reason."

Accepting his help into the sitting position, her dress creased from her laziness, She smiled admiring the willow flower in her palm,

"It's from the Weeping Willow its shedding its flowers this time of year and as i saw it i thought i'd get you one to mark the beginning of a new year and another year of friendship were to shared together"

"Salix Alba flora" She whispers before muttering "You're a girl you know that right?" Letting him tuck the purple-y hued flower into her brown curls. The slytherin patted the space next to her and returned to staring at the black lake.

Last edited by Freya Littlefield on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Used the wrong variation of "your". "Your means it's theirs. "You're" means you are.)
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:10 pm

"You're a girl you know that right?"

" So you keep reminding me"

Taking his seat next to her, he joined her in looking out upon the vast black lake.

"Do you remember the first time we met one another here in first year?

I had just gotten in trouble for missing homework and you were reading a book your family had gotten you for christmas here in this very spot?. We seemed the most unusual of friends being from different houses, but yet here we are years later, in this same spot, looking out at the same lake. Do you ever wonder what we would both be doing if we weren't here together now ?"
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm

The brunette watched him as he sat beside her on the wet grass.

"Do you remember the first time we met one another here in first year. I had just gotten in trouble for missing homework and you were reading a book your family got you for Christmas here in this very spot. We seemed the most unusual of friends coming from different houses, but yet here we are years later, in this same spot, looking out at the same lake. Do you ever wonder what we would both be doing if we weren't together now?"

She slowly absorbed his words, letting her mind wander. She and garrus had tried to meet as much as possible over the years keeping their friendship slightly secret from their fellow house mates, Marie could barely imagine not having their friendship. However she could specifically remember the book she received that Christmas, "flowers-cures and poisons - by Berta cobblestone" smiling at the attractive boy next to her she said

"Of course I remember you were the most annoying boy I had ever met. If we weren't here together now I'd probably be at a silly dress fitting to please mother and you'd be with your idiotic gryffindor friends"
She frowned her eyebrows pulling together and poked him in the chest.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Garrus after being poked smiles and playfully nudges Marie over onto the grass

"Annoying eh? I'll keep that in mind next time I dodge a tree branch to get you a flower. Hah, I can just imagine you now in some dress fitting, standing there with the prettiest blue dress a sight to behold, and your mother so proud of the daughter she has. You're lucky I suppose, my parents would never have time to bring me places always work work work with them but then thats always how its been I'm used to it. Still when I think about it I wouldn't change anything about how far I've come in Hogwarts I mean I have you as a friend even if you are a Slytherin."

Smirking his usual half smirk, Garrus laid down besides Marie who was still sprawled out on the grass from being pushed. Her blue dress now covered ingrass that had stuck to her dress while she waited for Garrus to arive. Together they watched clouds travel slowly across the mild autumns sky above the serene Black Lake.

Last edited by Freya Littlefield on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to capitalize I. Used wrong variation of "your". "Your" is when it's theirs. "You're" is for when it's you are. Also, no smiley faces.)
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Trying hopelessly to pick the grass off her dress Marie chuckled at his silly remarks and lay her pale hand on her stomach. "A sight to behold" she echoed rolling her eyes. "You should be proud to have me as your friend, slytherin or no sltherin " watching the clouds darken she wondered whether it would rain.

The brunette sighed and turned her head to look at garrus.

"Do you ever wonder what it would feel like to fly?"
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Laying one hand between the two fingers open palm upwards and the other hand on his stomach Garrus inhaled deeply and then said, "I would imagine it would be like having the freedom of the whole world, with out the limitations of ground-based animals. The way i think about it is, flying is not too complicated, it's just a two step process. You just need to throw yourself at the ground and miss. It's that second part that's the tricky bit. What about you what's your thoughts on being up there with those clouds"
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm

"I would imagine it would be like having the freedom of the whole world, with out the limitations of ground-based animals. The way i think about it is, flying is not too complicated, it's just a two step process. You just need to throw yourself at the ground and miss. It's that second part that's the tricky bit. What about you what's your thoughts on being up there with those clouds"

She swallowed her mouth dry. ''I didn’t mean flying in particular, just the feeling of being free, without strings attached, no past no present, no judgements. Just soaring freely.''

Goosebumps rose on her ashen arms from the damp breeze, her lips turning slightly azure from the icy weather. She contemplated whether they should consider leaving for the great hall soon, dinner would be ready.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:16 pm

"Well one can never truly be free" Garrus said with a puzzled look. "There is always something someone holding us back at least us students that is"

Garrus watched as Marie's posture changed in relation to the cold that was affecting her for the worst.
Standing up he offered her a hand to up as he listened to his stomach growling and thinking about how dinner would soon be ready in the great hall. Taking off his heavy and warm gryffindor Jacket he wraps Marie as they continued the conversation on the move towards the great hall.
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:03 pm

"Well one can never truly be free, There is always something someone holding us back at least us students that is"

She gazed at him as he stood, towering over her. The brunette looked at his hand and tentatively took it. Standing from the damp grass her dress clinging to her she slid into his Gryffindor jacket.

The slytherin grimaced, "It burns"

Taking small strides towards the castle she quickly muttered "No-one better see me in this, Vakarian"
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:54 pm

"Just be grateful I am being such a gentleman towards a slytherin"

Smiling as he walks side by side with Marie thinking about all they'd just said and then about what she'd said the last few days before the holidays away from hogwarts before this meeting

Marie :"Promise to meet here when we get back next year don't forget ok?"
Garrus :Wouldn't miss it for the tournament

"I'm glad we were able to meet up again i'm not sure how my life here at hogwarts would be if I didn't have you to have these chats with we are the most unusual of friends but your one I couldn't do without, even if you are a slytherin"
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:44 pm

"Just be grateful I am being such a gentleman towards a slytherin.I'm glad we were able to meet up again i'm not sure how my life here at hogwarts would be if I didn't have you to have these chats with we are the most unusual of friends but your one I couldn't do without, even if you are a slytherin"

Sauntering towards the castle Marie's eyes suddenly lit up.

"If your a gentleman, Then I'm a Hippogriff" She teased, before speed walking infront of him and turning to walk backwards. "and right back at you, I'm not sure I can stand another comment about boys and make-up from my girlfriends, I may just combust."

Chuckling the brunette sped up slightly and glanced back at the castle once more.

"Race you?"

Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

"A hippogriff Ay" Garrus lifted his fingers up in the shape of a diamond infront of Marie " I'll judge whether thats true based on how fast you can run, your on. First there has bragging rights on your marks, get set"...

Before Garrus could finish Marie was off and he quickly dashed after her in the hopes that his gryffindor coat would weigh her down enough to let him win.

Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

"On your marks get set..."

Before he could finish Marie dashed forward through the wild foliage surrounding the lake. She almost always cheated at games. Laughing weightlessly as she heard his heavy footfalls behind her.

"Come on little girl!"

Turning her head to look back at him the wind blew her dark curls into her face causing her to lose sight. Suddenly the brunette tripped on the rocky hill, cursing her clumsiness she quickly tried to recover holding her blue dress up slightly to ease the run.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Garrus trudged lazily just behind Marie who was quick even when weighted down by the coat her blue dress a distracting as it blew infront of him. He noticed her stumble and sped up to be ready to catch her if she was to fall after he had agreed to race

" You wont get sympathy for falling. I'm just as competitive as you are bad at cheating that little trip makes us even, here is where the fun begins"

Garrus used his atheltic speed to make up for his disadvantage but he was out of shape from being lazy during the holidays and Marie was just as fast there was no clear indication of who would win as they got closer and closer to the Great Castle

Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:28 pm

" You wont get sympathy for falling. I'm just as competitive as you are bad at cheating that little trip makes us even, here is where the fun begins"

Laughing she almost shouted "I dont want your sympathy, I want your dignity and my victory" She tried to pick up her feet more as she felt the wet rain droplets hit her frozen face.

She could feel him just next to her now, catching up. Considering faking a fall she pushed on harder.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:43 pm

"I dont want your sympathy, I want your dignity and my victory"

Garrus slightly out of breath from the seemingly never ending run tryed not to laugh at the risk of running out of breath and having to forfeit

"The only dignity you'll have left after I win, is the dignity of being friends with the winner. Other then that you can eat my dust"

With that Garrus began to see the predetermined finish line and made a last great effort towards it going slightly infront of Marie who seemed just as determined as when she started. Garrus was sure he had this one in the bag
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:48 pm

"The only dignity you'll have left after I win, is the dignity of being friends with the winner. Other then that you can eat my dust"

Seeing the wooden doors ahead leading to the great hall and Garrus infront of her by a couple of metres she quickly devised a plan.

"Oh!" She shrieked as she made herself fall. The brunette bit her lip to keep from smirking as she heard his footfalls come to a stop. Laying crumpled she waited.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:07 pm

"Oh!" She shrieked as she made herself fall.

Strongly considering continuing to the Great Hall due to his overly competitive nature when it came to races, Garrus stopped with a few short thumping steps ad quickly turned around running towards Marie Hoping his Gryffindor Jacket hadn't had an affect on her trip

"Marie I know I said I'd have no sympathy but I had a change of heart are you alright you made quite a noise before you fell "?
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Making her dark blue eyes water she looked up at him and reached out a pale hand.
"Help me up?"
Trying to seem as innocent as possible she jutted out her bottom lip.
Back to top Go down
Garrus Vakarian
5th Year
Garrus Vakarian

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Making her dark blue eyes water she looked up at him and reached out a pale hand.

"i didn't think you were one to get all teary eyed over a little fall?

Reaching down to grab her Marie's hand Garrus Pulled her to her feet and bent down to dust her off
Back to top Go down
Marie Coldroy
5th Year
Marie Coldroy

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:21 pm

"I'm not." And with that she pulled out his grasp and sped to the doors of the castle.

The brunette swung the door open and took a half step inside.

"You lose!" She smiled at him and shut the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)   An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie) Empty

Back to top Go down

An unusual friendship (Garrus and Marie)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next